Sunday, October 18, 2009

Holier than thou

I want to first start by saying I love my little sister to death, but I hate the fact that she judges so much. I have five years on her and sometimes she feels as though I owe her explanations for my actions. It's one thing to offer advice when asked, but it's another thing to force your opinions on others when it is neither needed or necessary. One thing that bothers me about her is the fact that her friends are far from perfect. None of the "friends" are of legal age, yet you can see them drunken with fun on any given weekend. Am I going to judge her for the company she keeps? I couldn't possibly because I have my own faults and keeping tabs on myself is the only thing I'm really concerned about.

I try to address this issue all the time, but she gets so defensive. If you can't take it then don't dish it, right??? All I'm saying is worry about yourself first and you won't have time to kick others when they're down.

No comments:

Post a Comment