Saturday, November 28, 2009

Makeup your Mind!

So, a friend of mine wants to be more than a friend. That's not an out of the ordinary story, but here's the catch, he is starting to feel some type of way because I'm not expressing the same interest. The result is, he's making me feel like I'm catching feelings when in actuality I'm pretty neutral about the whole situation. One thing that I've learned about men is that they say exactly what they feel. Another thing that I've learned is they have a lot of pride which causes them to say what they think they mean. He keeps telling me he doesn't want a relationship, but I don't remember the last time that I said that I did. Would I be wrong to call him out on his make-believe fantasy world? It's starting to irritate me. I really don't like when people push their problems off on you. It's very childish and shows that they don't know how to handle themselves as an adult. I'm not in the business of waiting for a grown man to figure out what he wants. Actions speak way louder than words, so don't call me 3 times a day saying "boyfriend like things" and in the same breathe tell me it means nothing. I am naive in the sense that I believe actions speak louder than words, so if 'someone' doesn't get himself together the friendship might go down the drain with his fantasy.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds harsh, but call him out and let him know his actions don't match his words. I guy I used to "be friends with" always said he didn't want a relationship but we definitely talked for 5 months like we were heading in that direction. You gotta let him know, especially if you're not interested in taking the friendship to a "more than friends" level.

    ReplyDelete